Simple components for 1-dimensional incompressible thermo-fluid flow models
This package contains very simple-to-use components to model coolant flows as needed to simulate cooling e.g., of electric machines:
Variables used in connectors:
- Components: components like different types of pipe models
- Examples: some test examples
- Interfaces: definition of connectors and partial models
(containing the core thermodynamic equations)
- Media: definition of media properties
- Sensors: various sensors for pressure, temperature, volume and enthalpy flow
- Sources: various flow sources
- Pressure p
- flow MassFlowRate m_flow
- SpecificEnthalpy h
- flow EnthalpyFlowRate H_flow
EnthalpyFlowRate means the Enthalpy = cpconstant * m * T that is carried by the medium's flow.
Limitations and assumptions:
- Splitting and mixing of coolant flows (media with the same cp) is possible.
- Reversing the direction of flow is possible.
- The medium is considered to be incompressible.
- No mixtures of media is taken into consideration.
- The medium may not change its phase.
- Medium properties are kept constant.
- Pressure changes are only due to pressure drop and geodetic height difference rho*g*h (if h > 0).
- A user-defined part (0..1) of the friction losses (V_flow*dp) are fed to the medium.
- Note: Connected flowPorts have the same temperature (mixing temperature)!
Since mixing may occur, the outlet temperature may be different from the connector's temperature.
Outlet temperature is defined by variable T of the corresponding component.
- Additional components like tanks (if needed)
Copyright © 1998-2016, Modelica Association, Anton Haumer, Christian Kral and AIT.
This Modelica package is free software and the use is completely at your own risk; it can be redistributed and/or modified under the terms of the Modelica License 2. For license conditions (including the disclaimer of warranty) see Modelica.UsersGuide.ModelicaLicense2 or visit https://www.modelica.org/licenses/ModelicaLicense2.
Extends from Modelica.Icons.Package (Icon for standard packages).
Automatically generated Tue Apr 05 09:37:02 2016.
||Examples that demonstrate the usage of the FluidHeatFlow components
||Basic components (pipes, valves)
||Ideal sensors to measure port properties
||Ideal fluid sources, e.g., ambient, volume flow
||Connectors and partial models